Independent visa is for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member. With this visa, you can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia and entitled family members can be included in your application. This is a permanent visa and allows visa-holders to remain in Australia permanently with complete rights to the work.
Things to know before you apply
- To obtain this visa you need to first submit an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect from inside or outside Australia
- You need an invitation to apply
- Have experience in a designated profession on Australia's Skilled Occupations List
- Have a skills valuation with the relevant authority for that profession
- To be older than 18 and less than 50 years of age
- Meet general Skilled Migration basic requirements and score at least 60 on the points test.
- You can include your partner, dependent child and dependent relative in your visa application,
If you wish to immigrate to Australia, contact us for consultation and advice.