457 Temporary Work Visas

The Temporary Work visa (subclass 457) allows skilled workers to come to Australia and work for an official business for up to four years. You must be sponsored by an official and approved business. A business is allowed to sponsor someone for this visa if failed to find an Australian citizen to do the skilled work. You can lodge your application from your country.

This visa allows you to:

  • Work in Australia for up to four years
  • Bring family members to work or study in Australia
  • Travel in and out of Australia regularly

Things to know before you apply

As this is a sponsored visa, before you can apply for the visa, your employer must:

  • Become an approved or official sponsor
  • Nominate you for a position in his business
  • You can apply for this visa the moment your employer lodges their applications to sponsor and nominate you.
  • No further stay after the visa expires.
  • You cannot apply for this visa if you already hold another visa
  • You must have a valid passport or other travel document for this visa.

Contact us if you are looking for this visa or any other information.


Keep updated

Receive the legislation changes to migration.