Administrative Appeals Tribunal
Recently, your Australian visa has been refused or cancelled? You may be eligible to apply for an appeal with the Administrative Appeals Tribunal. You are required to share your documentation and submit your application for review by your migration agent first.
In case you consider that your visa application for a visa should not have been cancelled or prohibited, we can help you in resubmitting cases to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal to obtain a more favourable judgment.
There could be many reasons to review the refusal and cancellation of a visa you must aware of.
What is Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT)?:
The Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) conducts an independent merits review of administrative decisions made under Commonwealth laws. They review decisions made by Australian Government ministers, departments and agencies and sometimes, decisions made by state government and non-government bodies.
The AAT was established by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal Act 1975 and commenced operations on 1 July 1976. On 1 July 2015 the Migration Review Tribunal, Refugee Review Tribunal and Social Security Appeals Tribunal were merged with the AAT.
Functions/powers of AAT you must know:
- The AAT does not have a general power to review decisions. They can only review a decision if an Act, regulation or other legislative instrument states that the decision can be reviewed by the AAT.
- The AAT can review decisions made under more than 400 Commonwealth Acts and legislative instruments.
The most common types of decisions AAT review:
- Child care.
- Commonwealth workers’ reward.
- Family support, paid parental leave, social security and student support.
- Migration and refugee visas and visa-related decisions.
- Australian citizenship.
- Corporations and financial services regulation.
- Passports and security assessments by the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO).
Find out more about the types of decisions AAT can review and make your migration and stay in Australia easy.
Do you have a problem that requires representation with the Administrative Appeals Tribunal? Find out how we can help you. Contact Now!