The aged parent visa is appropriate for parents who have children residing in Australia who are authorized to sponsor their parents.
This type of visa is appropriate for an aged parent or the parents of a child who is a settled Australian citizen.
To be qualified for this visa your child must have been an Australia citizen for a period of minimum two years. In some cases shorter periods may be considered.
This visa also includes:
- Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884)
- Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864)
Things to know before you apply
- To be considered for an Aged Parent visa, the applicant must pass the balance of family test and health and character requirements
- Due to long waiting list, qualified applicant may have to wait for many years before a visa is approved
- If approved, this visa will permit the aged parent or parents to stay permanently in Australia with their children
- Work or study is permitted
- Access to healthcare through Medicare
- Qualified for Australian citizenship
Contact us today for more details.