Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143)
The contributory parent visa category is similar to the parent visa that allows Australian residents to sponsor their parents to join them in Australia. The foremost benefit of a Contributory Parent visa is that applicants avoid the long waiting period in obtaining this visa.
This is a temporary visa which can soon be converted into a permanent visa for parents considering to join their children if they already residing Australia. If you do not yet hold a Contributory Parent visa, you should apply for a temporary Contributory Parent visa. In case you are in Australia with a temporary Contributory Parent visa, you should apply for permanent residence visa.
This visa also includes, Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173)
Things to know before you apply
- A contributory parent visa enables you, your partner and dependent family reside in Australia on a permanent basis.
- Work or study in Australia.
- Gain access to healthcare through Medicare.
- Sponsor family members for residence in Australia.
- Apply for social security.
Contact us today for more details.