Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)

Electronic Travel Authority Visa is only for those individuals who have definite passport. These holders can apply for this visa online with the support of a travel agent.

An ETA is an electronically stored authority for those who need to travel to Australia. It is mandatory to be outside Australia when you apply for ETA and the time it is granted.

Things to know before you apply

  • As an ETA visa holder, you can live in Australia for up to three months at a time as a tourist or for business visitor purposes.
  • You are also eligible to study in Australia for up to 3 months in several conditions.
  • Business visitor activities includes, making general business or employment enquiries, investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract.
  • To stay for longer period in Australia, you should apply another type of visa, such as a Visitor visa (subclass 600).

There is more information for ETA visa need to be aware of before applying. Contact us for further details


Keep updated

Receive the legislation changes to migration.