Emergency rescue visa (subclass 203)
The Emergency Rescue visa (subclass 203) is for people who are facing persecution in their home country and their life is in danger or personal security is in threat.
This visa also requires referral by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to the Australian Government, to be considered for resettlement in Australia. The Emergency Rescue visa (subclass 203) is a permanent visa.
Things to know before you apply
- This permanent residence visa allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely
- You can work and study in Australia
- You are eligible for Medicare and other health-related schemes
- You can recommend family members for permanent residence
- You can attend English language classes.
- You must be outside Australia when you apply or during the time of granting an Emergency Rescue visa (subclass 203).
For more information, please contact our migrant expert.