Employer Nomination Scheme
The Subclass 186 Employer Nomination Scheme visa is a permanent resident visa that needs the sponsorship of a nominating employer in Australia.
There are two separate paths or streams for the 186 visa. Before applying for the 186 visa, you must fulfill the requirements of both streams.
The two streams are:
- The Direct Entry stream.
- The Temporary Residence Transition streams
Things to know before you apply
- The employer will need to satisfy the ‘training benchmark’ requirement, which includes providing training to its Australian citizen and permanent resident employees
- Visa applied under the Temporary Residence Transition stream, needs applicants to complete 2 years of full-time work as a 457 visa holder
- Visa applied under the Direct Entry stream, needs applicants to obtain a positive skill assessment for the nominated occupation and have 3 years of relevant work experience
- Visa applicant needs to make the commitment to work in the nominated role for a period of at least 2 years from the date that permanent residency is granted.
- Visa applicant must satisfy the English requirement
- Visa applicant’s salary must be reliable with the ‘Australian market rate’ for the nominated role
There are many more things to consider in order to obtain a 186 visa. Ask for a consultation with our experts.