In country Special Humanitarian (subclass 201)

The In-country Special Humanitarian visa (subclass 201) is for individuals who are living in and matter to discrimination in their home country, and failed to leave that country to become refuge elsewhere.

The In-country Special Humanitarian visa (subclass 201) is a permanent residence visa.

Things to know before you apply

  • You can stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Subclass 201 allows you to work and study in Australia
  • Join in Medicare and other health-related schemes
  • Admission to definite social security payments
  • You can apply for Australian citizenship
  • Plan family members for permanent residence
  • Join English language classes.
  • Travel outside Australia with a travel document.

For more information, please contact our migrant expert.


Keep updated

Receive the legislation changes to migration.