Investor Retirement (subclass 405)

The Investor Retirement visa (subclass 405) allows you to live in Australia if you are a retired person who is capable of investing with certain conditions. You must be 55 years or older with no dependents (excluding partner). This is a temporary visa and you can include your partner in your application with a condition of no dependents.

Things to know before you apply

  • You must have income requirements
  • You must be capable of making a substantial long term economic investment in Australia
  • Whether you are in or outside Australia, you can apply for this visa (subclass 405)
  • As this is a temporary visa, it allows you to work in Australia for up to 40 hours per fortnight
  • You can travel and stay in Australia for four

To learn more about this visa, ask for a consultation with our experts.


Keep updated

Receive the legislation changes to migration.