Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)

Are you engaged to an Australian citizen or permanent resident? You may enter Australia on a Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300), then and marry within nine months.

This fiancé visa is a nonimmigrant and temporary visa. You are not an Australian permanent resident until you marry your Australian citizen, permanent resident partner.

You may apply for a Partner Visa, once you enter Australia and marry your partner. The Partner Visa is a permanent resident visa. In order to be eligible for a permanent resident partner visa after you are married, your marriage ceremony must be according to law and registered.

Things to know before you apply

  • Have an authorized marriage ceremony.
  • Register your marriage at the registering authority
  • Apply for a marriage certificate
  • You must apply for a Partner Visa before your Fiancé Visa expires.
  • The Australian citizen can act as the sponsor for the Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 13) applicant.

Ask for consultation now!


Keep updated

Receive the legislation changes to migration.