Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187) (RSMS) is for skilled workers who want to work in regional Australia. This visa is a two-step process, starts with the nomination by an approved/official Australian employer and then requires an application under the nominated stream. It is also included under Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa program.
The visa is a permanent resident visa. You can be inside or outside Australia when you apply. If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa
There are three streams of this visa:
1. The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years, while holding a subclass 457 visa, in the same business with their nominating employer, who wants to offer them a permanent position in that business.
2. The Direct Entry stream is for people who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream.
3. Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders nominated by an employer through a labour agreement.
Things to know before you apply
- You can apply for to get this visa only after you have been selected by an employer in regional Australia
- This is not valid for areas that is not in the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong and Melbourne.
- You can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI), if no employer nominates you.
- No supporting documents are required at the time of submitting an EOI, only mention which stream you want to be considered for.
Contact us for more consultation regarding these types of visas requirements and procedure. We’re ready to assist you!