Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. Students are only able to access the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) once as a main candidate.
The Temporary Graduate subclass 485 visa is work visa for international students who have at least studied in Australia for 2 years. It can last from between 18 months and 4 years, depending on your qualifications.
There are two eligibility streams for the Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 Visa:
- Post Study Work Stream
- Graduate Work Stream
Things to know before you apply
- The temporary visa does not restrict the type of work you may do or the number of hours you may work.
- Employer sponsorship is not required to obtain this visa.
- At the time you apply for this visa you must be in Australia and hold a valid visa.
- Your age must be under 50 years.
- Have proof of proficient English.
- Complete a medical examination.
- Have adequate health insurance.
This visa is a good way to extend your stay in Australia to improve your chances of becoming qualified for a permanent skilled visa.
Book a consultation with one of our advisors for assistance with your visa application.