Transit visa (subclass 771)

The Transit visa (subclass 771) is for those individuals who want to transit to another country via Australia. This visa lets you transit through Australia for no longer than 72 hours. This is useful when you need to pass through Australia on your way to another country. It is also required to pass through Australia to join a ship as a member of the crew.

Things to know before you apply

  • If you have dependent children travelling with you with a passport, you can include them in your visa application.
  • You might not need to apply to get Transit visa.
  • This visa lets you transit through Australia.
  • This visa doesn’t allow you to stay in Australia more than 72 hours.
  • Eligible for health-related care and expenses.
  • Your family members or sponsored relatives can apply for Australian citizenship.

Need further Information, help, and advice, contact us today.


Keep updated

Receive the legislation changes to migration.