Visitor (subclass 600)

This visa is for the temporary entry of people for tourism purposes. It allows people to visit Australia for a holiday or leisure, or to visit family and friends for a stay up to either three or six or twelve months. This visa may also be used for other temporary non-work commitments.

This visa is available to all passport holders who are outside Australia and want to apply for a visa to visit Australia. Visitors from certain countries are qualified to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or an eVisitor.

There are two visas you can apply to visit Australia for tourism::

  • Electronic Travel Authority
  • eVisitor

An Australian tourist visa is required for holiday-making, visiting and sightseeing in Australia. If your country is registered on the Electronic Tourist Visa Eligible Passport List, you can apply online. Mostly, ETA visas are issued instantly within few seconds.

If you aim to visit for medical treatment or to transit through Australia, you should not apply for the above visas.

For detailed information on a tourist visa, kindly contact our expert consultant.


Keep updated

Receive the legislation changes to migration.