Women at Risk visa (subclass 204)
The Woman at Risk visa (subclass 204) is women who are outside Australia and not living in their home country, without any protection of a male relative and are in risk of persecution, harassment or severe abuse because of gender inequality in society.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) refers to the Australian Government for considering for resettlement in Australia under this visa. The Woman at Risk visa (subclass 204) is a permanent visa.
Things to know before you apply
- This is a permanent residence visa with permission to stay in Australia indefinitely
- Visa holder can work and study in Australia
- You can enroll in Medicare
- You can access certain social security payments
- You can apply for Australian citizenship
For more information, please contact our migrant expert.