Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)

The Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) is for young individuals who wish to holiday as well as work in Australia for up to a year. This is a temporary visa that inspires cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and authorized partner countries.

Things to know before you apply

  • You can apply for a second Work and Holiday visa only if you have completed definite subclass 462 work in northern Australia in tourism and hospitality or agriculture, forestry and fishing.
  • You are generally eligible to work in Australia only for six months with one employer
  • With this visa, you can stay in Australia for up to 12 months
  • You can study for up to four months
  • You can leave and re-enter Australia any number of times till the validity of visa

For detailed information, kindly contact our expert consultant.  


Keep updated

Receive the legislation changes to migration.