Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
Applying for an Australian Working Holiday Visa?
This visa is also known as the WHM Visa, gives young people between the ages of 18 and 30 the opportunity to enjoy a working holiday for up to 24 months. You may even be able to extend your stay for an additional 12 months, if you work in Australia's regional areas.
This visa includes a cultural exchange programme which enables young travelers to have a stretched holiday and earn money through short-term occupation.
Things to know before you apply
- Visa holder gets casual work rights in order to supplement their travels.
- The application for a first Working Holiday Visa must be made from outside Australia.
- You must be between 18 and 30 years old.
- You must have a valid passport with at least 6 months until renewal.
- You must have sufficient funds to support your stay in Australia.
- This visa requires health and character proof.
For more information on the basic requirements for an Australia Working Holiday Visa, please contact our migrant expert.